H.M.S. Iron Duke
HMS Iron Duke (25,000 tons, 29,000 horse power)
HMS Iron Duke was built at Cammell Laird in Portsmouth, launching on 12th October 1912, with trials completing in 1914. The total cost of construction was almost £2m. She was the first Dreadnought of a new class (the Iron Duke Class), and the first battleship to incorporate anti-aircraft guns. Iron Duke became the flagship of the fleet under Admiral Jellicoe and later Sir David Beatty, playing a key role at the Battle of Jutland in 1916, firing off ninety thirteen-and-a-half inch rounds during the battle and receiving no damage.
In 1931 she became a gunnery training ship and was the base ship for the Home Fleet during World War II,
finally being sold for scrap in 1946.